Special Needs housing is the area of residential living for people and communities where there is extra attention to the need of people, e.g.
- Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Transitional Housing Programs
- Emergency Shelter
- Homeless Initiatives
- Person Living with HIV/AIDS
- Persons with Mental Illness
- Victims of Domestic Violence
- Teenage motherhood
The IRLL is not specialized in all these areas and therefore cooperates with end-users and intermediaries. Research is made available to project developers or initiators of special needs housing projects.